Thursday, August 9, 2012

World cannot see things of God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I was reading in I Kings and the following caught my attention:

(Now Hiram the king of Tyre had furnished Solomon with cedar trees and fir trees, and with gold, according to all his desire,) that then king Solomon gave Hiram twenty cities in the land of Galilee. 12And Hiram came out from Tyre to see the cities which Solomon had given him; and they pleased him not. I Kings. 9

I just did not understand this story.  I read it and that which follows several times and still did not understand the point of this story.

Then God opened my eyes to understand.  We give to the world but the world is not pleased by our gift.  I have often given scripture to people who identify themselves as Christians and they just stare at me.  I know the scripture I have given them means nothing to them.

Paul explains:  But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned. I Cor. 2:14

A few days ago, I was thinking about the many translations of the Bible.  As I understand these, they were presented to help men to understand things of God.

But no matter how you word it, man cannot understand things of God unless God opens the understanding of man.

No matter how many times we explain something man cannot understand unless God opens the understanding of man.

All wisdom and all understanding are from God.  Man cannot understand things of God with his own mind. Neither can we explain it so he will understand no matter how we explain to him.  Unless God gives him understanding, he will not understand what we say.  Neither did the world understand what Jesus said ... Why do ye not understand my speech? even because ye cannot hear my word. 44Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.  45And because I tell you the truth, ye believe me not.  Jn. 8