Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Continuing

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Because that they have forsaken me, and have worshipped Ashtoreth the goddess of the Zidonians, Chemosh the god of the Moabites, and Milcom the god of the children of Ammon, and have not walked in my ways, to do that which is right in mine eyes, and to keep my statutes and my judgments, as did David his father.  I Kings 11

Jesus said ... If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed;  Jn. 8:31

Many start out in the way of God but fall aside to other things which are of greater interest as they go along the way.

We have to continue in the way of God, not turning aside to worship other gods, other interests.

And we have turn run the race to the finish line to win, continuing in the word of God to the last breath on this earth.

Paul said:

Know ye not that they which run in a race run all, but one receiveth the prize? So run, that ye may obtain. 25And every man that striveth for the mastery is temperate in all things.  Now they do it to obtain a corruptible crown; but we an incorruptible. 26I therefore so run, not as uncertainly; so fight I, not as one that beateth the air: 27But I keep under my body, and bring it into subjection: lest that by any means, when I have preached to others, I myself should be a castaway. I Cor. 9

There are lows in life.  How do we hold on when we hit a low spot?  One way to hold on is to stop and think of what God as done for His people.  When we do that, the joy in the Lord should return.  Sometimes we do have to work at it.