Monday, August 13, 2012

God enlightens darkness

Pam Padgett ... teacher

For thou wilt light my candle: the LORD my God will enlighten my darkness. (Psalm 18:28 )

Throughout our lives we face various situations in which there is darkness.  But God is light, and He gives us light in each situation.   

This then is the message which we have heard of him, and declare unto you, that God is light, and in him is no darkness at all.  (1 John 1:5)


Sometimes we don't know what to do in a matter we face or how to go about doing something, and God gives us light so we can move forward ... 

After praying for several months about many problems at my job, the Holy Spirit caused the following scripture to strongly stand out to me one day ...  Arise ye, and depart; for this is not your rest: because it is polluted, it shall destroy you, even with a sore destruction. (Micah 2:10)   This scripture shined a light on the way I was to go.   I left that job by retiring. 

When Joan asked me to setup a blog for us to share exhortations, I didn't know anything about blogs and prayed, asking God to help me.  I had the thought to look on the internet to see what a blog is.  Then with another thought ... that we just needed a simple blog ... I was led to the tool and site for our blog. I believe these thoughts were brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit, as a light in darkness showing the way to go. 

Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.  In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths. (Proverbs 3:5-6)

Because he hath set his love upon me, therefore will I deliver him: I will set him on high, because he hath known my name.  He shall call upon me, and I will answer him: ...
(Psalm 91:14-15)


Sometimes we don't understand things going on around us, and God illuminates the darkness ...

Many years ago people in a church singles group began to shun me and I didn't know why.  Then one day a woman came to me, saying she had a word from God for me.  The word was that God knew how I was being treated by the people in the singles group and that it was because I had done God's will in speaking up about a divorced woman who was engaged to remarry, saying that she and the man she planned to marry would commit adultery. 

A man I once worked with mentioned his "partner".  I knew he had a farm and many farm animals and assumed this was a business partner.  But one day the Holy Spirit brought a thought that this wasn't a business partner, but a homosexual partner (this was later openly known).  I had no idea this man was homosexual at that time, but God showed me the truth. 

For there is nothing hid, which shall not be manifested; neither was any thing kept secret, but that it should come abroad. (Mark 4:22)


Sometimes we're going in a way that isn't according to the word of God, but are blind to this, and God shines light to show us truth so we can correct our way and walk in truth ...

When I planned to visit and eat with my sister, her husband, and their daughter who is living in fornication (even has a child with the man she is living with),  I was given a dream which showed that I would be approving the fornication and committing fornication myself ...  If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed:  For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds. (2 John 1:10-11)   Joan was also led to deliver a warning to me about this.  All of these things shined light in the darkness, opening my eyes to how God saw the matter, and causing me to conform what I did and said to that. 

I had been raised in the Catholic church and assumed what I had been taught there was correct.  However, after I was born again, God started shining a light on wrong doctrines as a Christian friend would ask me "Where is that in the Bible?", allowing the wrong doctrines to be uprooted and teaching me truth.

Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. (John 8:12 )

I am come a light into the world, that whosoever believeth on me should not abide in darkness.
(John 12:46)