Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Incorrect prayer can destroy faith

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I received a letter from a pastor asking me to come to his church group.  I explained to him that I cannot travel.  However, I am faithful to print everything God gives me and he and others are welcome to copy that which is on Internet and share it with others and translate as needed.

I received another letter from him saying the orphans he cares for are praying that I will be strong enough to travel.

I was horrified at such prayers.

God has clearly shown me not to travel.

When people pray that I travel, they will be praying something that is against the will of God and their prayer will not be answered.  This can destroy faith.

When we pray, we cannot pray according to our own will.  We have to pray according to the will of God.

In teaching His disciples to pray, Jesus taught ... Thy will be done in earth, as it is in heaven.  Mt. 6:10

When Jesus was faced with going to the cross, HE prayed 3 times ... that if possible this cup be removed from HIM ... But then HE said, Not my will but thy will be done ...

When we pray, we have to be able to pray a prayer of faith ... and a prayer of faith has to be a prayer God puts into our heart and therefore according to the will of God.

You can hurt your faith by praying against the will of God on an issue and many people pray against the will of God for they do not consider God's will but only consider their own desire.