Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Commit your works to God

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Proverbs 16:3 Commit thy works unto the LORD, and thy thoughts shall be established.

commit - give in charge or trust; deliver for safekeeping; hand over; put in custody of


When we commit our works to the Lord, we submit our works to the will of God, desiring God to show us what He wants us to do in the way He wants us to do it.  When we do this, God makes our thinking regarding the work firm and stable.  God somehow shows us the way we are to go and establishes our thoughts in that way. 

While considering this, I recalled how God established my thoughts when I was looking for a house to purchase.  After looking at several houses, four or five seemed like they would work, but when I tried to make a decision, it was like a jumbled mess of thoughts in my mind which I wasn't able to sort through.  I asked God to somehow show me what to do ... whether I should make an offer on any of the houses I had seen (and if so, which one), or whether I should keep looking at other houses. 

As I prayed, I had the thought to start reviewing everything I knew about each of the 4-5 houses and just talk with God about each one, committing the decision about what to do to Him.  While doing this, my thoughts were directed to various things about each house.  The random, jumbled thoughts became clear and realistic.  By the time I completed reviewing each of the houses, one stood out as a sound choice for me, and I didn't need to look further.  It was so clear to me that God had established my thoughts as I sought His will in the matter.