Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Go unto all the world ... Really?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Afterward he appeared unto the eleven as they sat at meat, and upbraided them with their unbelief and hardness of heart, because they believed not them which had seen him after he was risen.  15And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature. 16He that believeth and is baptized shall be saved; but he that believeth not shall be damned.  Mk. 16

A few days ago, the above scripture was cited concerning going into all the world ... I've often heard in church groups this called "the great commission" as preacher tells of the works he has planned and especially as preacher takes up collections from the congregation.

When this was called to my attention:  Consider who Jesus was speaking to when He spoke this.

Jesus was speaking to the 11 apostles when HE said this.

He was not speaking to the housewife in Detroit.

People who use scripture this way can get into a lot of trouble.

Scripture must be considered in correct context.

And when we do go forth it must be by the Spirit of God.  But sometimes God will tell us not to go.

In 1982, I was going all over the United States to the cities where I was on radio and having meetings.  I had a dream at that time.  In the dream I was shown a very serious situation that posed great danger and in the dream I heard these words:  "Don't go until you see Exodus 15."  I cancelled all meetings and stayed home.

The only thing important is following the instruction giving you by the Spirit of God.

Recently the Spirit of God showed me that God has worked it out where I can share the word of God without leaving my house.  (by writing on Internet)  I receive many invitations to go out and speak to church groups and to conferences for ministers.  But I am persuaded God has told me not to go out.  So I decline invitations.

When we belong to God we have the Spirit of God and by this we follow the instructions from God.

If you feel you have been shown to go into a situation that is dangerous, you'd better be sure it is the Spirit of God leading you.  Jesus prayed 3 times not to have to go to the cross.  He didn't rush into it.  Then when HE was certain it was the will of God, HE went.  So be certain.

Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them,  I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.  Mt. 7