Saturday, August 11, 2012

Help after prayer

Renee Bonfield ... evangelist

This has been the worst season for allergies which I have a lot of. Last Saturday night I began to feel a lot of congestion. My throat was very sore and so were my sinuses. I knew that my primary care doctor is only in Jackson Heights on Wednesdays, so I thought I could wait until then.  In the meantime I've been taking my Wheeler (husband) for Hyperbaric treatments every Monday through Friday. My condition was becoming worse and worse. I had a lot of trouble breathing, and I was coughing and wheezing. 
Wednesday I tried to phone my doctor all morning, but there was no answer. I thought perhaps he was on vacation, and I didn't know what to do. All during this time I just kept calling on God, over and over saying "Please help me God, Please help me God."  We want answers as soon as possible, but God doesn't always work that way.  I kept asking God to help me breath. 
Wednesday when we returned from Wheeler's Hyperbaric session, we stopped at our Pharmacy to pick up our prescriptions. While there I became very sick. I again called out to God. This time our Pharmacist (the owner) was there. I asked to speak with him. I asked him about a walk-in-type clinic in Jackson Heights which is several blocks from our house. He didn't seem to like the idea and said we would have to wait for hours to be seen. Then he said wait here. He went to the phone and found a Pulmonologyst just two and a half blocks from our home. He made an appointment for me to see him right away. This was about 4:00pm. The doctor gave me a prescription for Arithromycin and Prednisone, which I took Wednesday night and again Thursday. 
Thursday, thanks to God I felt so much better. I know that with God all things are possible. I've been praising God and rejoicing all day. What a wonderful God we serve.

Comments by Joan Boney

I am alone 24 hrs a day 7 days a week and do very well in this situation except I was having trouble between hours of approximately 7 pm and 9 pm.  I just couldn't seem to find anything to fill the time before going to bed.  I kept watching the clock ... "How long is it until I go to bed?"   

This went on for several weeks.

One day the doorbell rang.  A man from Dish satellite was there.  He was wearing a uniform and drove a van covered with TV logos.  I had seen him parked in front of other houses in neighborhood and I felt he was from the satellite company.  He said he was going to call for appointment but he was working just around the corner from my house and he decided to just stop by.  He said he needed to check my installation for their equipment was showing a problem with installation.  (My unit went out recently and one of their installers had to replace the receiver.)

I told the man everything seemed to be working fine on the TV but offered to allow him to check.  

When he checked he said the installer failed to place one cable which would allow me to receive one of their programs, Blockbuster, which would give me an additional 20 channels and allow me to receive 1 DVD at a time by mail.  He said these channels play a lot of older movies.  

I told him this might interest me and asked him how much it costs and he replied it is $10 a month.  I said I was definitely interested.  He showed me how this works.  After he left I called and subscribed to this program.  Since that time, I have not had any problem at all in filling that time period before bedtime!
 
I had a "need" and without calling on anyone other than God this man just shows up at my door and presents the solution.