Sunday, August 19, 2012

Answer to prayer

Cathy Varner ... member of body of Christ

For awhile I've been praying about a concern and a few days ago God brought some thoughts to my mind which gave me the solution.

I've been doing a lot of reading lately and it's become kind of uncomfortable to have my head and neck bent down so much.  Plus I'd been concerned about it having some long-term detrimental effect.

I was wanting some way to be able to have the reading material held up higher so I wouldn't have to bend my head down so much.  I tried to hold things up higher but that was difficult.  I'd thought all along that maybe a music stand, what holds the sheet music for people playing an instrument, would work.  We'd had one when the kids were younger, but I didn't think we had that anymore.

Then a few days ago I was thinking about this subject again, and I began to think about the tables they serve food on to patients in the hospital.  How the table part fits overtop the bed.  But where could I possibly find something like that?  Then I suddenly remembered a small office table my husband has, which is very similar to those hospital tables.  It was upstairs in an office area we don't use much.  He said I could use it.  I was surprised at all the features, which turned out to be perfect for my needs.  The table was kind of low, but I saw it was adjustable and I can set it up as high as needed.  It has two sections and the larger section tilts and has a ledge on bottom to hold the book.  It was even better than what I thought.  I am thankful for this answer to prayer.