Monday, August 6, 2012

Does it really matter?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In my Kindle e-reader, people share their thoughts concerning various scripture through the KJV Search by Verse Bible.  I was reading a comment by one woman and it surprised me.  "I didn't know that."  Then I began to wonder about that which she wrote.  As I looked at the scripture I saw she misinterpreted it and spoke incorrectly.  I printed what God showed me about the verse and brought truth forth so people would have opportunity to correctly interpret that scripture.

To misinterpret or misquote a scripture is to bear false witness against Jesus the Word of God.

A few years ago, I was visiting my cousin with the man I was planning to marry.  Howard and I were alone at my cousin's house and the subject came up about Pharaoh.  Howard thought Pharaoh was not drowned in the Red Sea with his men.  He said that is what the movie showed.  I remembered that I had a Bible in my car so I started out to get it to check on this subject.  Howard said, "It really doesn't matter."  But it mattered to me so I went to car and got Bible and looked it up and showed it to Howard and asked him what he thought after reading the Bible and he replied he thought Pharoah was drowned along with his men. 

Truth matters to me.  And truth concerning scripture really matters to me.  It is a very serious thing to misinterpret or misquote a scripture bearing false witness against Jesus who is the Word.

It does matter.

When in doubt we must take time to PROVE ALL THINGS (I Thess. 5)  ... allowing all things to be established by God.




Comments by Pam Padgett


Acts 17:10 And the brethren immediately sent away Paul and Silas by night unto Berea: who coming thither went into the synagogue of the Jews. 11 These were more noble than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness of mind, and searched the scriptures daily, whether those things were so.