Monday, August 6, 2012

Sacrifices of righteousness

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Psalm 4:5 Offer the sacrifices of righteousness, and put your trust in the LORD.

As we go through this life seeking to do what is right in the sight of God, we sacrifice our lives, the ways our flesh wants to go and the ways that are approved by those of this world, but are not according to the word of God.  


This is a sacrifice, and is often painful to the flesh as we are misunderstood, ridiculed, hated, and shunned by those of the world as we obey God.  But as we make this sacrifice, God helps us, never failing us.  We put our trust in Him. 

We trust God to help and uphold us in whatever we face ... 

Isaiah 41:10 Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.


We trust God to show us what to do each step of the way as we turn to Him .... 

Proverbs 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6 In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.

Psalm 32:8 I will instruct thee and teach thee in the way which thou shalt go: I will guide thee with mine eye.


We may lose friends, help, money, as we obey God.  But we trust that God will provide everything we need.

Philippians 4:19 But my God shall supply all your need according to his riches in glory by Christ Jesus.

We trust that God will fulfill the promises He has made to those who believe and love Him.  Here a few of the promises we've been given ....

John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

2 Timothy 4:8 Henceforth there is laid up for me a crown of righteousness, which the Lord, the righteous judge, shall give me at that day: and not to me only, but unto all them also that love his appearing.

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

1 Thess. 4:16 For the Lord himself shall descend from heaven with a shout, with the voice of the archangel, and with the trump of God: and the dead in Christ shall rise first: 17 Then we which are alive and remain shall be caught up together with them in the clouds, to meet the Lord in the air: and so shall we ever be with the Lord.

Comments by Joan Boney


Romans 12 ... I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.