Sunday, August 19, 2012

Being kept from path of destroyer

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Concerning the works of men, by the word of thy lips I have kept me from the paths of the destroyer. Psa. 17:4

A year ago, God called my attention to the following instruction from the Bible:

Gal. 6:14 ... But God forbid that I should glory, save in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, by whom the world is crucified unto me, and I unto the world. 

Daily for the next 7 or 8 months, I tried to do this:  I stopped participating in things where humans were praised.  I cut out various TV shows.  I carefully edited everything that I did which would any any way bring glory (praise) to me personally.

Then the following was called to my attention:

Phil. 2 ... Let this mind be in you, which was also in Christ Jesus: 6Who, being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God: 7But made himself of no reputation, 

I checked carefully to see that I was not trying to impress anyone in any way ... Every day for about 4 months I checked this.

Then the following was called to my attention:

I Thess. l ...how ye turned to God from idols to serve the living and true God; 10And to wait for his Son from heaven, whom he raised from the dead, even Jesus, which delivered us from the wrath to come. 

I very strongly saw how my role was simply to wait to be taken out by Jesus whether it be by my death or by the return of Jesus.  Either way, I would be removed from this present world.  And I was to patiently wait for this and focus on this as I wait. This concept caused things of this present life which once concerned me to dim greatly and vanish as concerns.  It really doesn't matter, became the theme concerning this of this life.

By following and acting upon scriptures such as these, I am kept from the path of the destroyer.