Thursday, August 16, 2012

Being satisfied

Pam Padgett ... teacher

Psalm 22:26 The meek shall eat and be satisfied: they shall praise the LORD that seek him: your heart shall live for ever.

While considering the meek eating and being satisfied, I thought of those who are meek before God, submitting themselves to God, and humbly taking in (eating) each word God gives by believing and obeying it.  As we eat of each word given to us by God, we are nourished by God, growing us up and strengthening us in God's word.  And each time we do this, we're conformed to that word, conforming us to the image of Jesus.   

Psalm 17:15 As for me, I will behold thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with thy likeness.

What the flesh seeks never satisfies.  Fleshly desires lead to more fleshly desires.  One thing leads to another.  There is no end.  Hell and destruction are never full; so the eyes of man are never satisfied. (Proverbs 27:20)

But as we crucify the flesh,and  humbly deal with each word from God by the leading of the Holy Spirit, we are conformed more and more to Jesus, the Word, which is our hope and desire.

Comments by Joan Boney

During the past few weeks, God (by His Spirit) has given me a new understanding of my role of waiting for the return of Jesus.  Since having that, I am much more patient.  Yesterday I was at a traffic light and while waiting there I realized it doesn't matter how long I wait at traffic light since I'm just waiting for Jesus wherever I am on this earth.

Also with this understanding, people, projects, and all earthly things are less significant to me.

I'm just waiting here for Jesus to take me out one way or another.  And constantly through the day I am consciously looking for HIM.