Thursday, August 9, 2012

Plan ahead?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The way of God is opposite to the way we are taught by man.  Most of us learn to plan ahead.  We think that is the way to get what we want.

But what God has shown me is an opposite way.

But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; and they shall walk, and not faint.  Isaiah 40

But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you. 34Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day is the evil thereof. Mt. 6

I have no plans at all for future.  I just do what I see to do today and wait on God, paying attention to that which the Spirit of God speaks to me and staying focused on that which I hear from God doing that.

So many ministers send me emails telling of all the works they plan to do in the future.  I know these are works born of their own mind, their own desires.  When this is such, there is great danger both on this present earth (of getting into financial trouble) and in the day of judgment.  Jesus said:  Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven. 22Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works? 23And then will I profess unto them,  I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.  Mt. 7  (Jesus didn't know them because the works were authored by their own desires and not by God although the works were very religious.)

To stay out of trouble, we need to focus on today rather than tomorrow.  Plans of tomorrow come from our own flesh and can get us into trouble.

Examples:  Since you are reading this you are aware we are on Internet.  How did we get on Internet to do these writings?  Is that something I planned and thought about and had on a "do to" list?

I had no thought at all of doing these writings on Internet until God gave me a dream and as a result of that dream 3 days later we had set up the "blog" where we publish on Internet.

In 1979, God put me on radio in a similar way.  I was asleep and it was as if a trumpet sounded saying three words, "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS".  I jumped straight up out of bed! 

It was obvious to me that KWJS was a call letter to either radio or TV.  I checked and it was a radio station. 

I said, "Are you telling me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that."

Gentle impression:  Call the radio station manager.

That morning I called radio station manager at KWJS.  I told him I thought God might be showing me to go on radio.  I asked him how you would do that.  

He said make audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to him and if I fit their programming he would offer me a contract.

I asked how much it costs.  He replied $800 month for 30 min 5 days a week.

I made the tape and sent it that morning.  I asked God how HE wanted me to pay for the broadcast. 

Gentle impression:  Send letter to people you know and tell them what happened.

I did that immediately but I did not ask for money.  I just told them what happened. 

People began giving me money without my asking for money.  Within 24 hrs. I had money for the entire month of broadcasts.

I was on radio within a week.

God put me on radio and many years later, God put me on Internet.

My experience with God has been that if God wants us to do something it is something that we can do without a lot of effort and the money is there for the work.  And usually God tells us to do something when it is time to do it rather than planning ahead and working toward the goal, although I have been shown in dreams things that were going to happen in future. 

But beware of those plans that you have for future.  It could be your own flesh leading you and this could easily be a path of destruction for you.

Focus on today, not on tomorrow.