Sunday, August 26, 2012

God fulfills HIS word

Pam Padgett ... teacher

When a woman poured very precious ointment on Jesus' head, the disciples had indignation because the ointment had not been sold and the money given to the poor.  Jesus responded to them ...

Matthew 26:10 When Jesus understood it, he said unto them, Why trouble ye the woman? for she hath wrought a good work upon me. 11 For ye have the poor always with you; but me ye have not always. 12 For in that she hath poured this ointment on my body, she did it for my burial. 13 Verily I say unto you, Wheresoever this gospel shall be preached in the whole world, there shall also this, that this woman hath done, be told for a memorial of her.


For more than two thousand years, what this woman did has been told, just as Jesus said.  While thinking about this, I was reminded of the covenant God made that all flesh would not be destroyed by waters of a flood again, giving the rainbow as a token of the covenant, which we still see in the clouds today ...

Genesis 9:11 And I will establish my covenant with you; neither shall all flesh be cut off any more by the waters of a flood; neither shall there any more be a flood to destroy the earth. 12 And God said, This is the token of the covenant which I make between me and you and every living creature that is with you, for perpetual generations: 13 I do set my bow in the cloud, and it shall be for a token of a covenant between me and the earth. 14 And it shall come to pass, when I bring a cloud over the earth, that the bow shall be seen in the cloud: 15 And I will remember my covenant, which is between me and you and every living creature of all flesh; and the waters shall no more become a flood to destroy all flesh. 16 And the bow shall be in the cloud; and I will look upon it, that I may remember the everlasting covenant between God and every living creature of all flesh that is upon the earth. 17 And God said unto Noah, This is the token of the covenant, which I have established between me and all flesh that is upon the earth.

As we consider that throughout the Bible, from generation to generation and even today, we see God fulfilling His word, our faith in God continuing to fulfill His word is strengthened. 

When the disciples asked Jesus about the end times, one of the things Jesus said is ...  And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. 13 But he that shall endure unto the end, the same shall be saved.  (Matthew 24:12)

We see iniquity abounding more and more today.  One of the things that helps us endure, continuing in the ways of God, is to think on and believe what God has told us, such as the following .... 

2 Peter 3:10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up. 11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness, 12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat? 13 Nevertheless we, according to his promise, look for new heavens and a new earth, wherein dwelleth righteousness.


This world and all the wickedness of this world will be burned up, and righteousness will dwell in that which is to come. 

God will fulfill His word.