Sunday, June 15, 2014

When financial problems come

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

At the end of 1981, I was conducting a meeting in Seattle for radio audience.  By that time I was on radio from coast to coast ... from NYC to Seattle/Los Angeles.

I received a telephone call at my hotel room.  The woman calling was one of our part time staff workers.  She asked:  "Are you aware of the financial problem?"  I was not aware of a financial problem.  I had a woman who was in charge of finances but she had said nothing to me about any problem.  (She probably didn't want me to be worried.  She was also in the faith movement and wouldn't have wanted to make a negative statement which would seem to be lack of faith.)

This part time staff worker knew of the problem and she began telling me.

I began asking God what was going on.  He said one word to me and it was the first name of the woman in charge of the finances.

Immediately I called her and dismissed her.  When I did this everyone working in our ministry office except for the woman who had called me (a part time worker) quit.

They said I would be sorry for this.  They boasted as to their value and what would I do for the next meeting when I had no one to duplicate tapes (which sadly we sold at that time) and books for our meetings.

Interestedly, unknown to us there would be no more meetings for God gave me a dream telling me not to go out, there was great danger for me, so I cancelled all meetings scheduled for 1982 and stayed home in my apartment in Dallas.  So there would be no need for an office staff.  It was a very down time for me because I had been accustomed to traveling from coast to coast and meeting with radio audiences and I loved doing that.  But when God told me not to go, I stopped immediately although a large part of our offerings came from those meetings.  One woman said to me, "But you must go.  For if you do not go out you will lose money."  I replied:  "God told me not to go.  I'm not going."  And I did not go. (Sure enough, offerings decreased by a lot ... But so did expenses ... And I found no need at all ... It all balanced.)

When I returned to Dallas and looked at the financial books, I found shocking things.  The woman in charge was in the faith movement and she was "blessing" the workers and accountant with huge salaries while Peggy (my secretary) and I took salaries of $400 a month.  This caused a big drain on finances.

I was really shocked at the amount we had been paying a part-time accountant.  He was getting about $1500 a month for a few hours of work.  I talked with him, expressing my concern over what he was being paid.  He replied:  "Well ... it didn't seem like much to me in view of how much all the other office staff was getting." (I eliminated this accountant's services and took over the bookkeeping myself.)

But I knew the woman in charge of the office and finances was not a thief nor a crook.  It was just that she was in the faith movement and misguidedly she was blessing people with our money.

Also she was incorrectly using the doctrine of 100-fold return for she thought we would receive 100-fold of all the money she gave away in salaries.

Please read:  Ministers who use 100-fold return to extort money

Everything cleared up immediately (within the month) when I removed this office manager and took care of the finances myself.  We have had no financial problem since this time in 1981.  I've not had to ask for offering since this time in 1981.  We no longer sell books and tapes.  Everything we receive from God is freely printed on this Internet and people can copy, without charge, all materials from this ministry.