Sunday, June 15, 2014

Proverbs 8:10-11 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Proverbs 8:10-11 ... Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold. 11 For wisdom is better than rubies; and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


There is nothing like the wisdom given us by God by HIS Spirit.  When we receive that wisdom, we delight and marvel.  We are amazed that God's solution is so simple.

A man in our little group was considering building another storage house for his things.  As he thought about this, he heard:  "Why don't you just get rid of the things."


Receive my instruction ... Sometimes HIS instruction comes as we read the Bible.  Other times HIS instruction will come directly to our minds in form of thought.  Sometimes God will give us a dream to open our ears and to hide pride and to keep us from our own destructions (from our own plans).

Job 33 ... For God speaketh once, yea twice, yet man perceiveth it not. 15In a dream, in a vision of the night, when deep sleep falleth upon men, in slumberings upon the bed; 16Then he openeth the ears of men, and sealeth their instruction,  17That he may withdraw man from his purpose, and hide pride from man.  18He keepeth back his soul from the pit, and his life from perishing by the sword. 


You certainly wouldn't want to go another way when God has given you instruction.  I've seen people explain away the instruction and go their own way and disaster falls upon them.

If we mishandle the word from God (the instruction from God to us) then for this cause many become weak and sickly and some die.  (I Cor. 11)

God gave me a dream after my mother died.  My cousin had wanted me to move where she lives.  She said her 2 sons could be very helpful to us.  But in the dream, God showed me I couldn't go out through my cousin's house.  I went in a completely different direction.  Later it got to the point I couldn't even talk to my cousin for it was so disruptive.  I'm so glad I didn't live in the city where she lives.  That would have made it much harder for me.