Thursday, June 26, 2014

What is the sermon for tomorrow?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When I drive down 82nt St. in Lubbock I pass a Methodist church.  They have a billboard in front of their building and they list on that billboard the topic for the next sermon.  I always wonder how they know.

The way God taught me is as follows:  "Speak what I give you at that time".

Lk. 21 ... 14Settle it therefore in your hearts, not to meditate before what ye shall answer: 15For I will give you a mouth and wisdom, which all your adversaries shall not be able to gainsay nor resist.


When I had meetings for radio audience or when I spoke to congregation at a church, I usually had no idea at all what I was going to speak before speaking.  I walked out on the stage and God would remind me of a dream, or a scripture, or a story ... and I would speak that.  Then I would be reminded of something else and I would speak that.  Then something else ... This was God meeting the needs of the people by HIS Spirit in the congregation that day.  I had no idea what the people needed to hear but God did.  I depended on God.  This is how God taught me in being led by the Spirit.  This is what I did and what I still do when I speak or write.

Jn. 14:26 ... But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.


The Holy Spirit searches the heart of God and brings to our mind that which HE hears from God.

I Cor. 2 ... for the Spirit searcheth all things, yea, the deep things of God. 11For what man knoweth the things of a man, save the spirit of man which is in him? even so the things of God knoweth no man, but the Spirit of God.

The Spirit of God searches the heart of God to reveal to us that which God would say.   It is brought to our mind in the form of a thought.  We simply think that.  But God has never said to me, "On Sunday morning I am going to speak such & such."  This is fleshly foolishness to think this way.

Jesus spoke what HE heard from God, the Father.  He always did this.  He just went about speaking what HE heard from God at the time.  And we should do the same.  If we try to plan ahead what we are going to say it will be of our flesh, of our own thinking.  And the flesh will profit nothing.

But if we speak what the Spirit brings to mind, it will work the work of God.  And we will be speaking by faith in God.

The following scriptures were used by God to teach me these things.

Mt. 5:30 .. Jesus said ... I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.  

I Cor. 2 ... And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:  5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 

And I write the same way ... I write what I hear.

Several years ago, when I was first born again, a professor from Dallas Theological Seminary asked me if I would come work with his young men on presentation.  He said these young men were so boring when they spoke.

The problem was they were trying to think up things to speak rather than following the Spirit of God.