Friday, June 6, 2014

Matthew 16:13-17 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Matthew 16:13-17 ... When Jesus came into the coasts of Caesarea Philippi, he asked his disciples, saying, Whom do men say that I the Son of man am? 14 And they said, Some say that thou art John the Baptist: some, Elias; and others, Jeremias, or one of the prophets. 15 He saith unto them, But whom say ye that I am? 16 And Simon Peter answered and said, Thou art the Christ, the Son of the living God. 17 And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou, Simon Barjona: for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. 18 And I say also unto thee, That thou art Peter, and upon this rock I will build my church; and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it.  

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


The word revealed by God to us is the power of God upon which the church is built.

The woman at the well said to Jesus ...  I know that Messias cometh, which is called Christ: when he is come, he will tell us all things. Jn. 4:25


How did she know this?  She was not a Jew.  She was a Samaritan.  God put this into her heart.

When I was in about 6th grade, I overheard my mother speaking of my dad's first wife.  I was horrified in hearing this.  I knew divorce was wrong in sight of God.  How did I know this?  I didn't attend any church, although usually at churches they don't speak of this.  God must have put this into my heart.  That is only way I could have known this.

Some people follow flesh and blood to church.  At church they hear flesh and blood speak and they see people who are flesh and blood do various things.

But those who are truly blessed are those that God speaks to where he puts truth directly into our hearts by HIS Spirit.  God spoke directly to Peter to reveal to him Jesus is the Christ.  That was not taught to Peter by man.  And this is what Jesus builds HIS church upon... When God speaks directly to us, we are the church.  Nothing will stand against that word spoken to us by God.  The gates of hell will not stand against that which God puts in our hearts and mind.  This Word revealed by God is "the rock".

The gates of hell will not stand against the word revealed to us by God.