Friday, June 27, 2014

Women speaking at church?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

When it was clear to me that God had called me to be a minister, I said to God:  "Then You are going to have to explain the following scripture to me."

I Cor. 14 ... Paul says concerning the gathering of the church ...  34Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law. 35And if they will learn any thing, let them ask their husbands at home: for it is a shame for women to speak in the church.


After asking God to explain this to me, I had the following impression:  "Look at what these women were doing."

Then when I looked again at I Cor. 14, I realized these woman were "asking questions" ... thus interrupting the flow of the Spirit of God which would certainly have been inappropriate at church and would have to be stopped.

One time I visited a non-denominational church group.  As pastor spoke, one woman, in the group jumped up and began running around the room with hands in the air.  The people in the group and pastor laughed as if this was of Holy Spirit.  I was horrified.  I knew this was not Holy Spirit.  Some people seem to think Holy Spirit is crazy.  That is not true.  holy Spirit teaches us.  And Paul warned us that in the gathering of the church all things must be done to edification.  This woman's actions were in no way edifying to the church.  I did not return to that group.