Monday, June 30, 2014

Translations of Bible

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

I use the KJV of Bible because I noticed when Holy Spirit would bring scripture to my attention it was usually in KJV.

I felt translators tried to stay as close to original as possible.

We have so many translations today because humans are trying to help people to understand what Bible is saying so they believe they can do this by translating Bible into modern forms of language.

But understanding is from God and not from man.  So it if God who opens our eyes to the Word of God regardless of the translation.

When the translators of KJV added something by their own thinking they put the addition in brackets and italics to show us they added this to the translation.

For example:

I Cor. 7 ... 38 ... So then he that giveth (her) in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth (her) not in marriage doeth better. 


The translators of KJV added the word "her" to the above scripture since it made sense to them that way.  But at least they put it in italics and brackets so we would know they added this.

The use of the word "her" changes the meaning of this verse considerably.

As it is with her, they are speaking of giving a woman in marriage.

But without the word "her" look at the meaning...

So then he that giveth in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth not in marriage doeth better. 


This would apply to the action of the man ... giving himself in the marriage ... vs not marrying.  And this is the subject Paul is speaking of in this scripture.  Paul is saying it is better not to marry so you can attend on the Lord.

I believe the correct meaning of this scripture is without the addition of the word "her".

I Cor. 7 ... 32But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:  33But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife. 34There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband. 35And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction.
36But if any man think that he behaveth himself uncomely toward his virgin, if she pass the flower of her age, and need so require, let him do what he will, he sinneth not: let them marry. 37Nevertheless he that standeth stedfast in his heart, having no necessity, but hath power over his own will, and hath so decreed in his heart that he will keep his virgin, doeth well. 38So then he that giveth in marriage doeth well; but he that giveth not in marriage doeth better.




I have translations of NASB and NIV but seldom use them.

I like the pureness of the KJV and I find when I don't understand something I just turn to God and tell Him I don't understand and sometimes HE will open my eyes to understand.

I find more blockage of pure understanding when I use the NASB and NIV.  I know the NIV was translated by many of the men of Dallas Theological Seminary which takes, for most part, a "spiritless" view often times.  These men would, for most part, teach against tongues and ignore many of the gifts of Holy Spirit.  Therefore I am very careful when I use this translation.  I do use the translation of Acts 17:26 in NIV.  It just seems clearer to me.  But this is about the only verse I use in NIV and for the rest of the time I use KJV.