Saturday, June 7, 2014

Build yourself up in God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

We build ourselves up in God when we choose to think on a scripture which is given us by the Spirit of God.  When we keep that scripture before us and get every drop of blood out of that scripture, we drink the blood of Jesus which is life to us.

A few days ago, I was reminded of the following scripture:

Gal. 3:3 ...  having begun in the Spirit, are ye now made perfect by the flesh?


I thought of what this was saying.  How did I begin in the Spirit?  I didn't do that by studying books.  I simply heard directly from the Spirit of God by a thought brought to my mind.  That thought shocked me and saved me.  The power of God was in that brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit.

Often I will be going about my house and a scripture will come into my mind.  In such cases, I will greatly benefit to grab this scripture, not allowing it to slip away, and think on what it is saying to me for this is God speaking what I need to hear at that exact moment in time and there is great benefit to me and to others if I will keep that scripture before me day and night.

This is called meditating the in Word from God.  Here are some promises to us when we will do this.

Psa. 1 ... 1Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.  2But his delight is in the law of the LORD; and in his law doth he meditate day and night. 3And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper. 

Also we are told to think on that scripture over and over for this enables us to be strong enough to do that scripture.

Joshua 1 ... 8This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.


========

Sometimes that scripture that is needful for me at that exact time is simply brought to my mind by the Holy Spirit as I do various things about the house.

Other times, I will be reading Bible and a scripture will catch my attention and I will get "hung up" on that verse.  I might even try to read past that verse but I keep thinking of that verse and not of the verse I am reading.  When this happens, there is a special message for me that day in that verse.  This is the verse I should think about at that time.

This is what it means to "meditate" on the word given us by God that day.

It is light ... it is power ... it is life.

If we meditate on that word given us by God, we will then have the power needed to do that word as we think on it day and night for a season.

And when we do that we have the promise of God that we will prosper in all our ways.  For our ways will be the ways of God when we think on that verse day and night for it will cause us to do it if we keep it before us long enough.