Thursday, June 12, 2014

Psalm 138:7-8 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 138:7-8 ... Though I walk in the midst of trouble, thou wilt revive me: thou shalt stretch forth thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and thy right hand shall save me. 8 The Lord will perfect that which concerneth me: thy mercy, O Lord, endureth for ever: forsake not the works of thine own hands.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

We, who are born again, are the works of the hand of God.  And He continually restores our soul for as we go out into this world people say things that trouble us.  People do things that trouble us.  Our soul is troubled by seeing and hearing those people who are not of God.

II Peter 2 ... 7And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: 8(For that righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul from day to day with their unlawful deeds;) 9The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished:

I am vexed almost every time I leave my house and have to go out where the people of this world live.  They say and do things that vex me.  They, by their words, so often exalt themselves in their opinions as if they are wise and really know.  I know they don't know but want to seem to know and their foolishness vexes me for I know we are only wise when God shows us wisdom about the situation.  So I'm continually having grief over what they say and do and have to be "revived" by God.  And HE does revive me.

David spoke of God restoring his soul ... Psa 23  3He restoreth my soul: he leadeth me in the paths of righteousness for his name’s sake. 4Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil: for thou art with me; thy rod and thy staff they comfort me.

The world troubles us because they think themselves to be wise and we know they are going in a way of death in their wisdom.

A few days ago, I went to pick up take out food.  When I gave my credit card to cashier she almost dropped the card because I have attached my card to my key ring and she didn't expect the additional weight on the card.  I mentioned to her that I used to have a "mini" credit card but my bank quit issuing it so I had to use an ice pick and punch a hole through my regular size credit card in order to attach it to my key ring.

She said:  "People steal the mini credit cards."

This made no sense at all to me.  I replied:  "People steal the regular size credit cards when they can.  There is no difference that I can see between the size of the credit card and stealing."

No more vain words then for I did not worship her wisdom.

Almost everywhere I go, if I say something the person counters with something they consider to be wise trying to exalt themselves.  It is very difficult to see and hear these things.  And I grieve a little each time this happens.

But always it is God who restores me and revives me and builds me back up and establishes me.  For I belong to HIM.