Friday, June 13, 2014

Advertising agencies for ministries

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Every "big time" ministry I know of had an advertising agency promoting their ministry.

Early in the 1980's I had one of the biggest agencies promoting me on radio.  At that time they also represented Kenneth Copeland, Marilyn Hickey and many other ministries where they thought the minister had potential of many radio/TV stations.  My pastor at the time, Robert Tilton strongly recommended them to me and said, "Joan ... They can do a lot for you."  They accepted me as a client.  For a few months they promoted me as they did their other ministry clients.

But the problem was this.  They began telling me to do things that were opposite from what God had told me to do and I could not do what they instructed.  So after a very few months, they contacted me telling me they were letting some of their clients go and I was one they decided to release.

I was devastated.  I thought I had failed.  Until God gave me the following scripture to show me what happened.

Mt. 4 ...  8Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; 9And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall down and worship me. 10Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve. 11Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.

I saw immediately this is what had happened with the ad agency.  When they saw I wouldn't obey them, they cut me loose.  I had not failed a test.  Instead I had passed for I didn't bow down to man and I continued to do what God told me to do, resisting things opposite to those instructions from God.

One thing I couldn't do.  The agency told me they could fill Soldiers/Sailors auditorium in Pittsburgh but there was just one thing.  I must not offend anyone with my messages.  (Can you imagine a prophet not offending anyone.  It is really laughable.  Prophets are an offense in the religious circles.  Always have been.  Always will be.)

Consider these amazing words spoken by John the Baptist to those religious people who came to be baptized of him.  Lk. 3 ... 1Now in the fifteenth year of the reign of Tiberius Caesar, Pontius Pilate being governor of Judaea, and Herod being tetrarch of Galilee, and his brother Philip tetrarch of Ituraea and of the region of Trachonitis, and Lysanias the tetrarch of Abilene,  2Annas and Caiaphas being the high priests, the word of God came unto John the son of Zacharias in the wilderness. 3And he came into all the country about Jordan, preaching the baptism of repentance for the remission of sins; 4As it is written in the book of the words of Esaias the prophet, saying, The voice of one crying in the wilderness, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make his paths straight. 5Every valley shall be filled, and every mountain and hill shall be brought low; and the crooked shall be made straight, and the rough ways shall be made smooth; 6And all flesh shall see the salvation of God.
7Then said he to the multitude that came forth to be baptized of him, O generation of vipers, who hath warned you to flee from the wrath to come? 8Bring forth therefore fruits worthy of repentance, and begin not to say within yourselves, We have Abraham to our father: for I say unto you, That God is able of these stones to raise up children unto Abraham.  9And now also the axe is laid unto the root of the trees: every tree therefore which bringeth not forth good fruit is hewn down, and cast into the fire.

This message John spoke would likely offend people.  Finally Herod put John to death because John told Herod he had committed adultery by marrying Herodias.  Mt. 14


Such is the life of a prophet of God.  They are always speaking messages which make religious people unhappy.  It is the way of a prophet in the church.  (Please read:  The New Testament Church)

Jesus encouraged HIS prophets and others with these words:  Mt. 5 ... 10Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven. 11Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for my sake.  12Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.

============

Another thing which upset the ad agency is the following.  My ad person met with me and another person who was in our ministry at that time.  The agent said:  "Oh ... just one thing ... We want you to add this to your envelops and your writings ... Send me your prayer requests ..."

I was shocked and horrified.  I said:  "I don't want to do that".

The agent and the person who was with me at that time were shocked when I said I did not want people sending their prayer requests to me.  My point was they should pray.  They were to pray to God directly, not through me but through Jesus.

The agent replied:  "Joan ... You're missing a good bet ... For when they send prayer requests they will usually enclose money with the request."  (They were using prayer requests to get money from the church.)

I would not do this. 

==============

Another real problem is the agency told me not to send writings or messages to anyone without first sending the message to them for approval.

But when you are a real minister appointed by God the messages you speak are from God.

What they wanted to do was to rule over God so I could be popular, saying words that would make me popular with church people and pastors.

Of course I refused.

They released me from their client list.

There are so many evils being done today in ministry.  

Please read:  Evil from pastors.