Saturday, June 21, 2014

1 John 2:28 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

1 John 2:28 ... And now, little children, abide in him; that, when he shall appear, we may have confidence, and not be ashamed before him at his coming.

Exhortation:    Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Abide in HIM ...

To do this we must follow HIM ... not doing our own will nor seeking our own things but obeying that which HE tells us by HIS Spirit.

How does God speak to us by HIS Spirit?

The Spirit of God reminds us of those things said by The Word to us.  The Word speaks to us by scripture, by dreams, by examples.  The Holy Spirit reminds us of these things as we are living on this earth.  By these things brought to our minds we know what to do.

Jn. 14:26 ... But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.


For example:  Before my mother died, God gave me a dream.  in this dream, I was building a house.  It was in an area of new construction where houses had not been before.  I even saw the exact place to build.

After my mother died, I made plans to move to Lubbock, TX.  I met with a realtor and looked at houses.  Then I met with a contractor.  As I looked at lots, I saw one that was exactly like my dream.  Because of the dream, I built a house rather than buying an existing house.

I simply followed that which I believed I had been shown by the Holy Spirit.

Another dream where I was shown what not to do:  After my mother died, my cousin wanted me to move where she lives.  She said her 2 sons could be very helpful to us.  But God gave me a dream showing me I could not go through my cousin's house to get outside.  I had to find another way out.  I decided to move to Lubbock, TX.  I felt that would suit me.  It is the opposite direction from where my cousin lives.  A few years later, I found my cousin troubled me greatly when I spoke with her.  Now I don't even speak with her for it is futile and troublesome to me.  It is not that I have declared to her that I will not speak with her.  We just don't call each other anymore.  I think both of us trouble each other when we speak.

Concerning use of scripture:

God has often reminded me of Joshua 1 to lead me and to encourage me in the way to go ...  8This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.  9Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of a good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.


Here is an example of God using scripture to show me what to do.   When God was training me for the ministry, HE showed me how to operate in the ministry through the following scriptures:

Jesus said  ... I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me. Jn. 5:30

"Just speak and do that which I tell you, which I bring to your mind."

I Cor. 2 ... And I, brethren, when I came to you, came not with excellency of speech or of wisdom, declaring unto you the testimony of God. 2For I determined not to know any thing among you, save Jesus Christ, and him crucified. 3And I was with you in weakness, and in fear, and in much trembling. 4And my speech and my preaching was not with enticing words of man’s wisdom, but in demonstration of the Spirit and of power:  5That your faith should not stand in the wisdom of men, but in the power of God. 

"Don't plan clever things to say.  Just go before them and depend on the Holy Spirit and speak that which is brought to your mind as you go before them."

(I also to this when I am writing these exhortations to you.  I just depend on God and speak that which is brought to my mind, believing God wants me to speak that and to give that example.)