Monday, June 9, 2014

Psalm 62:1-2 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Psalm 62:1-2 ... Truly my soul waiteth upon God: from him cometh my salvation. 2 He only is my rock and my salvation; he is my defence; I shall not be greatly moved.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


We are both flesh and Spirit.

The flesh profits nothing.  (Jn. 6:62)

The Spirit makes alive.  (Jn. 6:62)

When we read Bible, we know many things the world does not know.  For example:  We know God will never again destroy the earth by water.  (Gen. 9:11)  We know the time will come when the heavens and the earth will pass away with a great fire.  (II Peter 3)

A few days ago, we had several days of rain.  About once a year this will happen where I live and then for the rest of the year we hardly have any rain at all.  One day as it was raining, I looked at the rain and wondered what it would have felt like when God caused it to rain without ceasing for 40 days and 40 nights.  But of course I reminded this will never happen again.  (Gen. 9:11)

During one day, we had the worst storm I've ever experienced.  For several minutes the driving rain was accompanied by a rolling type thunder which kept going for about 5 minutes.  I recalled people in tornadoes saying it sounded like a freight train.  That is what this sounded like.  Are we having a tornado?  I wondered.

The cat was very frightened.  (She is 100% flesh.)

I am flesh and Spirit.  But I remembered that God took Elijah up in a "whirlwind" ... so my thinking was, "If you want to remove me in this fine ... Do what you want to do."  I felt no fear.  Spirit was operating over my flesh.

Sometimes our flesh gets in control and causes us to panic until the Spirit in us rises and takes over the flesh.

Sometimes my flesh will try to get me to "tell someone off" for what he did.  But I usually recognize immediately this is flesh or devil or flesh & devil.  And when that happens I usually turn to God and ask HIM not to let me do that.

Certainly we who are of God should recognize the difference between the flesh, the Spirit, the devil.

Some people try by their flesh not to be afraid.  This won't work.  But when the Spirit is in control and shows us something that is another matter.

The flesh profits nothing.  We can't do works of God by the flesh.  We can't do any good work by the flesh.  Everything good comes from the Spirit.