Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Important example of living in peace

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

During the past few days, God has given me an important example of choosing to live in peace while we continue on this present earth.

I have had the same yard maintenance company for the past 8 years.  It is owned by a young man who is in late 30's approximately.  Everything went very well until this season.  Then everything changed.  They would fail to come mow.  Then they would fail to bring key for gate.  (They have their own key)  Then for two weeks in row they unlocked gate but failed to lock gate again.  And there were other problems.  Finally I decided to terminate services and I hired another company.  While there had been peace for 8 years, this season there was no peace.  I felt strongly God was showing me there would not be peace and when I have problem this way, I need to make a change rather than dragging along and trying to work it out.  One problem after another with same company shows they have some form of internal problem and we just have to make a change.

I arranged for another yard company.  Then I was looking in phone book thinking I might call a couple more and just talk with them and see what they had to say.  But when I considered this, I was reminded of the following scripture:

Mt. 10 ... And into whatsoever city or town ye shall enter, enquire who in it is worthy; and there abide till ye go thence. 12And when ye come into an house, salute it. 13And if the house be worthy, let your peace come upon it: but if it be not worthy, let your peace return to you. 14And whosoever shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when ye depart out of that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet. 


I knew by this what I was to do in this secular matter.  I've never considered this in a secular matter but I can certainly see it as a pattern of wisdom in a way of peace.

- enquire who in it is worthy ... In seeking a yard service, I called "Tom's tree place".  I've done business with them and like their plants and trees.  They recommended a lawn service.  I called them and arranged for them to come out this week to take the place of the previous service where there was no longer peace nor were they showing themselves "worthy".

If there is peace with the new company, I can continue with them.  If the peace leaves, I can make another change.

But we cannot live in peace when problems keep surfacing.  We can't hope it will straighten out.  We have to come out and "shake the dust off our feet" /  stop letting it trouble you / Stop complaining and take action to obtain peace.


My background in teaching makes me susceptible to hoping they can be corrected ... hoping they will work things out and make changes which are appropriate ... And often I trouble myself needlessly, rather than just departing and arranging for another service.

Several years ago, God gave me the following dream:  In this dream, I had checked into a hotel and was taken to my room.  I was shocked to find the room in disarray.  It had not been cleaned after the previous occupant.  I reported this to the front desk and thought they would clean it ... but they didn't clean it.

God has shown me the same thing about churches.  If they will not correct themselves and they continue in error, just walk away.  

If we fail to make changes, the situation can eat us alive.  We will be troubled each time we think of them.  We will not be able to live in peace or to continue in peace.  And we may end up sinning by complaining to others needlessly.  We have to take care of those things in our own lives, both spiritually and secularly.

We have to shake the dust off our feet ...

Some cannot be corrected.  We have to go forth with those who keep their lives in proper order and keep their businesses in proper order ...