Sunday, June 8, 2014

Matthew 6:19-21 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Matthew 6:19-21 ... Lay not up for yourselves treasures upon earth, where moth and rust doth corrupt, and where thieves break through and steal: 20 But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: 21 For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Our treasure should be in the word given us by the Spirit of God.  What a wonderful thing.  God speaks to us directly by the Spirit given us.

Sometimes God shows us things we never before thought of. 

Recently I was reminded of a time when my cousin's husband who attended Church of Christ tried to call my attention to my previous sins.  I just kept saying to him, "I don't understand.  What are you talking about."  He continued to try to remind me.  Again, I said, "I don't understand.  What are you saying."  He finally stopped talking.  This happened several years ago.  He is no longer living.  This week when I was reminded of this again, the Holy Spirit said to me, "He didn't understand what it meant to be born again."  That was truth.  I knew immediately the problem.  I knew all previous sins were forgiven now that I am born again.  He was trying to get me to focus on my previous sin.  He didn't understand that my previous sins were forgiven for he didn't understand being born again.  The Holy Spirit revealed truth to me about this situation.

When we hear truth from the Spirit of God it is great treasure to us. 

Prov. 3 ... 13Happy is the man that findeth wisdom, and the man that getteth understanding.  14For the merchandise of it is better than the merchandise of silver, and the gain thereof than fine gold. 15She is more precious than rubies: and all the things thou canst desire are not to be compared unto her.