Sunday, June 8, 2014

I don't want to speak by my flesh

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

There is a woman from bridge center who calls me from time to time asking me to go to lunch with her.  I usually go when she asks me.

There are many things I could say to this woman but I don't want to speak by my own flesh for the flesh profits nothing.  I want to speak only that which God wants me to speak.  So I often pray, "God, please let me speak only that which You want me to speak."  And I go forward to lunch in great peace when I pray this.

The last time we went to lunch, she was complaining about another woman concerning what this woman was doing in scheduling knee replacement surgery.  She said this woman was scheduling her surgery according to vacation plans when she should be considering her health.

I replied:  How old is Jane? ...  Don't knee replacements last for only about 10 years?  (Jane is approximately 67)

She replied:  "NO!"  (I said nothing more.)  Then she started to think and replied, "I really don't know."

I was stuck by this acknowledgment from her for a moment,  for this woman really stopped and considered what might be truth rather than continuing in her own wisdom which God has told me is "self-righteous".

=========

In 2001, a doctor told me I needed knee replacement on both of my knees.  But at that time the replacement, he said, would only last about 10 years.  I was early 60's then.  That would mean I would have to have the replacement replaced when I was early 70's (I am almost 77 now.)  I didn't do anything and have gotten along fine.   I think they might last a little longer now but sometimes it is better not to do it.

The one thing God has told me about this bridge woman is that she is "self-righteous", thinking herself to be right and other people to be doing foolish things.  But the truth is she really doesn't know.  However her way is to be upset daily by the foolish things she considers other people to be doing.  But she really doesn't know what is best.  In this there was truth.

Before I went to lunch that day, I had no idea this subject would come up.  But I knew God controlled me as I spoke.  And I had no bones to pick in what I said.  Therefore there is no prideful strife as I spoke.  And I quit speaking when she began to argue.  And then she confessed the truth in my silence.  I knew it was the control of God on me to hold my peace.