Saturday, June 28, 2014

1 John 4:1-4 ... Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

1 John 4:1-4 ... Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. 2 Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: 3 And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world. 4 Ye are of God, little children, and have overcome them: because greater is he that is in you, than he that is in the world.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Can we try the spirits?  Do we have authority to question spirits to try them to see if that spirit that brought that thought is from God?

If we belong to God we do have this authority.

Acts 19 ... Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the Lord Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth. 14And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so. 15And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye? 16And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.

We have to belong to God to do this.

I try the spirits by saying directly to that spirit that brought that thought to my mind:  "Do you confess that Jesus is come in the flesh?"  When I do this, that spirit replies to me in form of a thought either "Yes" or "No".

Most of the time I know which spirit is bringing those thoughts to me.  But when I am not sure, I can try that spirit.  But I belong to God.

Please read:  How to try the spirit to see if it is of God.