Monday, June 9, 2014

Comforted when believe what the Holy Spirit speaks


Pam Padgett

 
John 14:1 (Jesus said) Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.

Just as we believe that God cares for us and hears our prayers, we believe in Jesus when we believe a word brought to us by the Holy Spirit and go in that way

A few months ago there was a severe power outage, with power surges, in the area where I live.  There were many problems in my house as a result of the surges.  I was completely overwhelmed and just got into bed, having no strength to face all the problems, and wanting to never get up again.  While in bed, I called out to God asking Him to help me.

Then the Holy Spirit drew my attention to the very strong winds blowing outside and told me that  just as God is so powerful that He directs and controls the winds, He is powerful enough to help me with these problems

All of the problems were still there, and I still didn't know how to deal with them and wanted to stay hidden in bed.   But because I believed the word spoken to me was from the Holy Spirit, I believed it was true ... that God was powerful enough to help me with the problems ... and I was able to get out of bed.  Then a word (in the form of a thought) came showing me the first step to take to start dealing with the problems.  When I took that step, another thought showed me the next step to take.  Step by step I was led by thoughts from the Holy Spirit in what to do.  Whereas I had been completely overwhelmed at one point, because of the words brought to me by the Holy Spirit from God, and believing what was spoken, I was no longer overwhelmed and was able to move forward.

The Holy Spirit is the Comforter, comforting and strengthening us by bringing the word God speaks to us in what we are facing.  Our hearts are not troubled when we believe the word (Jesus) brought to us by the Holy Spirit, for we know that word is true and will not fail.