Monday, June 9, 2014

Misusing scripture

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In the 1970's, I was in a prayer group.  One woman, the leader of that group, said:  "God is no respecter of persons.  If HE will show Joan Boney that, HE will show me."

However she misused scripture and failed to "rightly divide" the word of God.

I Cor. 12 ... 8For to one is given by the Spirit the word of wisdom;  to another the word of knowledge by the same Spirit; 9 To another faith by the same Spirit;  to another the gifts of healing by the same Spirit; 10 To another the working of miracles;  to another prophecy;  to another discerning of spirits;  to another divers kinds of tongues;  to another the interpretation of tongues: 11But all these worketh that one and the selfsame Spirit, dividing to every man severally as HE will.


It is not by my will that I do what I do in the body of Christ.  Nor is it by this woman's will that she does what she does.  It is by God's will.

I Cor. 12 ... 18But now hath God set the members every one of them in the body, as it hath pleased HIM.


Concerning the statement that God is no respecter of persons ... Acts 10 ... 34Then Peter opened his mouth, and said, Of a truth I perceive that God is no respecter of persons: 35But in every nation he that feareth him, and worketh righteousness, is accepted with him.
... 44While Peter yet spake these words, the Holy Ghost fell on all them which heard the word. 45And they of the circumcision which believed were astonished, as many as came with Peter, because that on the Gentiles also was poured out the gift of the Holy Ghost. 46For they heard them speak with tongues, and magnify God. Then answered Peter, 47Can any man forbid water, that these should not be baptized, which have received the Holy Ghost as well as we? 48And he commanded them to be baptized in the name of the Lord. 



Peter spoke this in context of both Jews and Gentiles being saved.

But concerning the calling of God and the working of the various gifts of the Holy Spirit God does as HE wills and to "one" will be given the gift of exhortation (which I have been given by God) ... to another will be given the word of wisdom ...

I Cor. 12 ... 27Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. 28And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.  29Are all apostles? are all prophets? are all teachers? are all workers of miracles?  30Have all the gifts of healing? do all speak with tongues? do all interpret?


Some of the members of the body of Christ are set in the church to care for the church as apostles, prophets, evangelists, pastors, teachers (Eph. 4) ... not not all are apostles said Paul ... not all are prophets said Paul ...

Some are ...

===========

God ordained me to be a minister ... to care for the church in my specific callings of apostle/prophet ...

It was obvious to many who knew me.

After I was put on radio in 1980 by the word given to me in the night by what I believe to have been an angel of the Lord speaking to me with the call letters to a radio station (KWJS) ... I asked God, "Are You telling me to go on radio?"  Within a week I was on radio 5 days a week on KWJS. 

A woman at the church I was attending at that time came to me and said:  "I want to do what you're doing."

I replied:  "You do?"

It shocked me.  All I was doing was obeying God.  It never occurred to me that anyone would want to be a minister.

I wanted to get married, perhaps to a minister, since I was on fire for the Word of God having been taken into heaven two separate nights and merged into the body of Jesus (being made one with the Word of God) as I slept!  But it never occurred to me that I would be a minister although all the time God was preparing me to be a minister.

The callings of God are not by our choice.  God does as HE wills.  We simply work where we are placed by God.  That is all that will work.