Saturday, June 28, 2014

Lord, that I may receive my sight

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Lk. 18 ... And it came to pass, that as he was come nigh unto Jericho, a certain blind man sat by the way side begging: 36And hearing the multitude pass by, he asked what it meant. 37And they told him, that Jesus of Nazareth passeth by. 38And he cried, saying, Jesus, thou Son of David, have mercy on me. 39And they which went before rebuked him, that he should hold his peace: but he cried so much the more, Thou Son of David, have mercy on me. 40And Jesus stood, and commanded him to be brought unto him: and when he was come near, he asked him, 41Saying, What wilt thou that I shall do unto thee? And he said, Lord, that I may receive my sight. 42And Jesus said unto him, Receive thy sight: thy faith hath saved thee. 43And immediately he received his sight, and followed him, glorifying God: and all the people, when they saw it, gave praise unto God.

This man was trapped in blindness.  He couldn't get out.  But he believed God could get him out through Jesus.  So he called on HIM.  Even when they tried to stop him from crying out, he saw Jesus as his chance at getting sight.  We would have done anything had we been in his situation.  And that is what he did.  He kept calling out for help from the source who could help.  By crying out in his problem, he got the attention of Jesus.

Even the people of this world often cry out to God when they get into serious trouble.  I was watching a TV show about the plane that had to land in the Hudson River a few years ago.  When the passengers felt they were going to crash, many of them cried out to God for help.  I had no doubt they were serious in their cries.

"Show me what to do?  Help me to see the way to go."  prayers that many of us make constantly.  Like that blind man calling for Jesus to give him his sight, I am often calling out for Jesus (God) to show me what to do, give me sight.

I don't want to be wise in my own eyes.  I know the only sure thing is what God shows me.  When God shows me something I am then established and people can't pull me off the way though they so often try to do so.

When I was 73, I fell over a box.  During the surgery a bone in my leg shattered and they had to put a metal rod in my leg.  This complicated everything.  I didn't think I would walk again.  But God gave Joseph Meriweather ( a man in our church group) a dream about me and I was walking and walking even without a cane.  Then I knew I would walk again.

When God shows us something, we know!

A year after I returned home from hospital, my cat died.  I was devastated.  That night I cried out to God, "Help me ... I need help."  I heard:  "Get on internet and find a Siamese cat breeder and get a cat."
This completely changed my direction.  By this time I was 74 years old.  I didn't plan to get another cat, reasoning that I was too old.  I would likely die before the cat died.  But God had other plans for me and God's plans for me were much higher than my plans for myself.  I was so deeply grieved "in my way".  After I heard from God and got on internet and searched for a breeder, all of the grief over Samantha was gone and it never returned again.  The grief completely ended!

So I found a breeder that morning and called and she said she could have a kitten to me by Wednesday (4 days).  The kitten came from San Diego, California, shipped by air to Houston, flown to Midland, TX, 100 miles from Lubbock.  We drove there and picked her up.  "Lots of trouble for a cat! and expense" ... various people said.  "Why didn't you just go pick up a kitten at Pet Smart?" others said.  One very brutal man from bridge center where I was playing at time mockingly said, "I have alley with bunches of cats.  She could have gotten one from there for free."  Most people didn't say these things to me but mockingly said them to other people who told me what they said.   These people were wise in their own eyes and by mocking me they felt themselves even wiser and considered me foolish.  But I was established by God in this matter.  It was God showing me what to do and I did it.  When you are established by God this way the gates of hell will not be able to stand against you.

Mt. 28 ... And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads, 40And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the Son of God, come down from the cross. 41 Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said, 42He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. 43He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said,  I am the Son of God. 44 The thieves also, which were crucified with him, cast the same in his teeth... 

Jesus knew this was the will of God for HIM and that is what mattered ... THE WILL OF GOD ...

Whether it is a big thing or a little thing, when we are established by God, shown by God what to do, and do that, we may be mocked by "wise" men and "wise" women but all that really matters is following directions from God.  I doubt that we can be shaken when we are established by God and keep our focus on that which God has shown us.

Prov. 3 ... Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; (Trust in that which God has told you)
and lean not unto thine own understanding. 
6In all thy ways acknowledge him,(Pray, asking God what to do) and he shall direct thy paths.
7Be not wise in thine own eyes: fear the LORD, and depart from evil.



I am often mocked concerning my house.  "You don't need this much house."  "You have more house than you need."  My cleaning woman smugly said this.  The acquaintance I go to lunch with said something similar showing how foolish I am to live in this house.  My neighbor who says he is an elder in the church mocked me over this house.  They are wise in their own eyes.  They do not realize God showed me to build this house.  God gave me dream showing me exact place to build.  God led in how to build this house.  I didn't build this in my own wisdom.  Each time I am mocked, I remember how God led me in this house building.

When you follow God, people will mock you in what you do.  And often someone will tell you what the person said and it will hurt your flesh.  But when you are established that God showed you to do this, you have an anchor for the soul.

Mt. 11 ... For John came neither eating nor drinking, and they say, He hath a devil. 19The Son of man came eating and drinking, and they say, Behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of publicans and sinners. But wisdom is justified of her children.

But those who are of God glorify God in the mercy HE had on you in giving you these things.

(The house I live in on this earth is nothing compared to that house prepared for me in heaven.  God gave me a dream to show me that house.  It was wonderful, like a palace.  Very tall ceilings.  Very big rooms.  Parts of the flooring had gold stripes running through the materials.  And there was no end to the rooms.  I just kept discovering new rooms in my house there.)