Saturday, June 7, 2014

Waiting for the return of Jesus

Pam Padgett ... teacher

John 14:2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. 3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.

As we live on this earth, our lives are not of this world.  We don't live like those of the world who seek after lusts of the flesh and riches of this world.  We are waiting and preparing ourselves for the return of Jesus and to be with Him for ever.  

Many years ago I had the following dream:

I was engaged to be married.  My fiance took me to a place in the mountains.  There was a house or cabin with a nearby lake and pine trees.  He needed to go make preparations for us to marry and be together.  I was to wait at this mountain place for him until he came back to get me.  It was a very pleasant place, and I had everything I needed.  Although I was alone, I wasn't lonely for other people.  But I very much missed my fiance and strongly desired for him to return so I could be with him. 

As in this dream, we have what we need as we live on this earth.  And often we are "alone", even when around other people, for few have the Holy Spirit and we find we have little in common with most people. 

While we wait for the return of Jesus, we don't set out to do things by our flesh nor to please the flesh.  We stay in the "place" God has set us, doing what HE has called us to do.  Daily we keep ourselves by paying attention to what the Holy Spirit speaks to us and going in that way, being continuously conformed to Jesus (the Word).

Our goal is not things of this world, but to be found holy and pleasing before God when Jesus returns for the church.