Friday, June 13, 2014

Truth brought forth as God wills

Pam Padgett ... teacher

As I finished college I worked for a time with teenagers who had been in trouble at school or with the law.  One day  I was shocked to hear one young man start talking about being involved in devil worship.  This young man said he wasn't afraid even to go to hell because the devil had promised to bring him cool water.  When he said this, I heard myself tell him that the devil is a liar so he should not believe anything he was told. 

It was so surprising to me to hear these words come out of my mouth.  At that time I don't think I had ever thought of the devil being a liar, yet this is what I had said very clearly and with certainty.  I asked God where had this come from, and was this true?

Before long while reading the Bible I saw the following ...

John 8:44 Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it.

As soon as I read this, I knew what I had spoken to that young man was true and that the Holy Spirit had brought this truth out of my mouth..