Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pray always

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Jesus said ... Lk. 21 ... Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away. 34And take heed to yourselves, lest at any time your hearts be overcharged with surfeiting, and drunkenness, and cares of this life, and so that day come upon you unawares. 35For as a snare shall it come on all them that dwell on the face of the whole earth. 36Watch ye therefore, and pray always, that ye may be accounted worthy to escape all these things that shall come to pass, and to stand before the Son of man.  

This means, stay connected daily to God through continual prayer, through talking things over with God, through communicating with God.

I'm sure I can't do anything of myself, of my own thinking.  It is only as God brings something to my attention that I can speak or act.  And when that happens I must speak or act according to what I hear.

The rest of the time I mostly do nothing.  For I can do nothing by my own thinking.  It will be futile.

And what about all these things we can see ... our houses, our properties, our clothings ...

Lk. 21 ... And as some spake of the temple, how it was adorned with goodly stones and gifts, he said, 6As for these things which ye behold, the days will come, in the which there shall not be left one stone upon another, that shall not be thrown down.

Why are we so concerned about these things when we know they will be destroyed?

A few days ago, I went to lunch with a woman from bridge center.  When we came home she drove to front of my house to show me something one of my neighbors was doing.  I noticed the big tree in front of my house.  It has some dead branches.  I mentioned this.  She jumped on my words excitedly telling me all the things I must do immediately.  I told her I'm not doing anything.  She said, "But it might be diseased."  I repeated I'm not doing anything.  I did pray, telling God it would be easier on me if the tree lived.  When I went to mail box a few minutes ago, I noticed the tree looked fine.

Getting all stirred up over all these physical things is not something I care to do.