Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Where is that in Bible?

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

In trying to find church group to attend, one Sunday morning I visited a non-denominational group.

Pastor was teaching from Genesis.  As he taught, pastor said, "Sarah and Hagar were 1/2 sisters."

I was very shocked.  Never before had I read that in Bible. I checked Bible and couldn't find that in Bible.  But thinking maybe it was there and I somehow missed it, I called and spoke with that pastor.  I asked him where that is in Bible.

Pastor became very angry when I asked this.  He finally admitted it is not in the Bible.  But he showed no shame in teaching this.

============

Another thing that happened that morning at that church ... It was the Sunday school period and everyone gathered in the main auditorium before going to their Sunday school classes.

Pastor said:  "A terrible thing has happened ... the train that was bringing the Sunday school teachings was delayed and the teaching booklets did not arrive.  Therefore you teachers are just going to just have to teach today from the Bible."

I rejoiced!


Then pastor asked everyone to pray that the printed teaching arrived.    I prayed they would never arrive and that they would always teach from the Bible.

=============

Recently I received a letter from a young man in another country.  He said he is born again.  He asked me to send him books to learn by.

What I would say to him is:  Use the Bible and depend on God to teach you from the Bible.

That is what God showed me to do when I was born again in 1975.  I just read the Bible from Genesis through Revelation and then I start over with Genesis.  I've been doing this for almost 40 years now.

If you are born again and have the Spirit of God in you, the Bible never gets old.  No matter how many times I have read a verse, sometimes God will show me something I hadn't see from that verse.  I just let God teach me.

I Jn. 2 ... 27But the anointing which ye have received of him abideth in you, and ye need not that any man teach you: but as the same anointing teacheth you of all things, and is truth, and is no lie, and even as it hath taught you, ye shall abide in him. 

Each of us who are born again in the NT church today are given the Holy Spirit to dwell in us.

Here is what Jesus said the Holy Spirit would do for us.

Jn. 14:26 ...  26But the Comforter, which is the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you.

Jn. 16:13 ... 13Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.