Wednesday, January 22, 2014

When sudden illness strikes

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently I called Pam Padgett and she told me she became ill in the night and it had carried over unto the next day and she had gone back to bed that morning after feeding the animals and did get out of bed until 11:30 that morning.

As I thought about this, I thought how good sudden illness can be.

It shows us how frail we really are.  It shows us how temporary physical strength really is.

This can be a good thing.

Romans 8:28-29 ... And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.


I have a specific call of God on my life to care for the church.  One way I know this is I was given the following dream 30+ years ago.  In this dream, I was traveling with a group and we landed on an island.  It was hot, dirty (like a pineapple field).  There were children out in the fields.  All of a sudden I realized they were going to leave me on this island to care for these children.  I said, "I won't stay here.  I won't ... unless YOU want me to."  God did want me to stay and care for these children.  There was a pastor and his wife on the island but they wouldn't come out of their house.

One of my assignments from God is to care for the church, for the children of God ... to "feed" them the Word of God through exhortations. (I have the spiritual gift of exhortation for the church.)  I was put on internet by a dream.  I greatly rejoice for this allows me a way to distribute the food from the word of God to the children of God daily.  And it goes all over the world daily which is even better.  What a wonderful thing!

Heb. 3 ... Take heed, brethren, lest there be in any of you an evil heart of unbelief, in departing from the living God. 13But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin. 14For we are made partakers of Christ, if we hold the beginning of our confidence stedfast unto the end;

Heb. 10 ... Let us draw near with a true heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled from an evil conscience, and our bodies washed with pure water. 23Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering; (for he is faithful that promised;) 24And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: 25Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching. 26For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins, 27But a certain fearful looking for of judgment and fiery indignation, which shall devour the adversaries. 28He that despised Moses’ law died without mercy under two or three witnesses: 29Of how much sorer punishment, suppose ye, shall he be thought worthy, who hath trodden under foot the Son of God, and hath counted the blood of the covenant, wherewith he was sanctified, an unholy thing, and hath done despite unto the Spirit of grace? 


Often I write these exhortations and schedule them to be published 3 or 4 days down the calendar.  Should something come along to keep me from writing, food from the Spirit of God is still out there that day.  This is very important to me.

And I remember that our life is like a vapor ... here for a moment then gone ...I usually do not put anything off.  Often when I read Bible I will have several exhortations at a time on different subjects.  I don't wait until another day to write them.  I write them immediately, though they may be scheduled for 3 or 4 days in a row.