Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Building and keeping a "nest egg"

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Certainly none of us wants to be without a "savings" although Jesus gave the example that we cannot serve God and mammon ... and Jesus illustrated the birds ... Mt. 6:26 ... Behold the fowls of the air: for they sow not, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns; yet your heavenly Father feedeth them. Are ye not much better than they?


And Paul explained:  For we brought nothing into this world, and it is certain we can carry nothing out. I Tim. 6:7

This past year I had some heavy personal expenditures.  My sound processor stopped working and had to be replaced.  My TV then stopped and I replaced it.  But I had money in a savings account and I paid for these things from that money.  And I had money left over in the savings account after paying for these items.

How much money do I need in saving for future?  Only God knows.

What I do is ask God if it is OK to buy the item and unless HE stops me I buy it.  I know God can stop me if I need to keep that money.

Prov. 3:5-6 ... Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding. 6In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths.


Some people fret and trouble themselves by trying to keep all their savings.  They are led by fear.

Turning to God in prayer, asking HIM what to do is a far better way to go.

I Tim. 6:17 ... Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;  

I do not spend money that I do not have.  But when I have the money and have a need and can pay for the need from that money I try not to trouble myself.  Instead I pray, asking God if it is appropriate for me to spend money from savings to buy the item.  Then I do it unless God puts a stop sign in my path.

To try to hold onto all the money you have saved without praying can't be faith.  Mostly people who fret over such live by trusting in that money they have accumulated.  They live by fear.

Another thing ... I don't try to save a certain amount of money each month.  But I find money does accumulate each month.