Monday, January 27, 2014

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Proverbs 4:23 Keep thy heart with all diligence; for out of it are the issues of life.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


That which we allow to go into our heart will at some point come out our mouth.  Therefore we have to be careful concerning that which we allow into our heart.  Things go into our hearts through offenses and unforgiveness.  We can also judge wrongly if we live in unforgiveness seeing a "bad guy" behind each bush and developing into a bitter, negative person, hurting others with our negative words.

Certainly there is a time to warn one another.  God taught me this with the following scripture.  II Tim. 4:14 ... Paul said ... Alexander the coppersmith did me much evil: the Lord reward him according to his works: 15Of whom be thou ware also; for he hath greatly withstood our words.

But to speak "your mind" reveals what you have allowed to go into your heart.  If your words are evil, you have taken some form of evil into your heart.  You defile yourself.  People often do this with politics and they feed off news and allow themselves to become more and more hostile thinking they know what is right.  That which they take in will come out of their hearts and will defile themselves and others.  I avoid many things, especially TV news, because I find it disturbs me needlessly and I don't want to take these troubles into my heart needlessly.  And I avoid people who have habit of speaking negative things to me without real cause.

Instead Paul told us to do the following:  Phil. 4 ... Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.  9Those things, which ye have both learned, and received, and heard, and seen in me, do: and the God of peace shall be with you. 


Have you ever tried to do the above scripture? 

Recently I sat and tried to do this scripture.  I began by listing things that are "true" and thinking about those things.  Then I went to things that are "honest".  Then to things that are of "a good report". Then "virtue" (strong things), and "praise".

What would our life be like if we made our minds focus on the above list of things daily, as Paul said to do ...

Try this and see what happens ...

If we did this, I suspect we would fill our being with "good treasure".