Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

1 Thessalonians 5:21 ... Prove all things; hold fast that which is good.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


We need to think about what we are doing.  That may sound strange but I have seen many people who say they are Christians and yet they do not seem to think much about that which they do.  Often they just follow their ancestors.

Two Baptist women were going out to decorate graves.  I asked them "why".  Why would a Christian do this?  There was no satisfactory answer.  They have just done this all their lives.  Why?

I used to go to dinner occasionally with two women from bridge center.  They would click their glasses together when their drinks came to table.  I did not join them.  What would it mean if I joined them.  I don't want to be a part of what they do.  I don't want to "bless" them and approve them.  So when they would turn to me to offer to let me click my glass, I didn't do it so they just went on with their acts.  But I wasn't a part of it.

II Jn. ... Whosoever transgresseth, and abideth not in the doctrine of Christ, hath not God. He that abideth in the doctrine of Christ, he hath both the Father and the Son.
10If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed: 11For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
 


Is it the "doctrine of Christ" to do these things?  Or is it tradition of man?  If it is a doctrine of Christ of course we delight in it.  But when it is simply a tradition of the world, I do not want to be a part of it and certainly I do not want to bless them in any way in their deeds.

During this time of year, people often say, "Merry Christmas."  and now they say, "Happy New Year".  I can't stop them from saying this but I don't join them.  I don't wish them such because I don't know what they are about to do.  Their view of these holidays could be finding some partner for fornication.  I don't want to be a part of their works. 

Concerning what I am doing, often I do consider the activity.  Is it helpful to me? Is this something I'm told to do in Bible?  Thus we prove that which we do rather than just doing what is tradition.