Saturday, January 18, 2014

We may fail, but the Word of God does not fail

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

The apostle Paul knew what it was to be frustrated by his own flesh.  Paul said:  Romans 7:15 ... For that which I do I allow not: for what I would, that do I not; but what I hate, that do I.  


And Paul said ... O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?  Romans 7:24

Then Paul said:

25I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord. So then with the mind I myself serve the law of God; but with the flesh the law of sin.  Romans 7


Recently I felt I failed in something.  But though I fall short, the Word of God does not.  So I just focused on parts of the Word of God which never fails, though I might fail.

And I remembered this:  It is a faithful saying: For if we be dead with him, we shall also live with him: 12If we suffer, we shall also reign with him: if we deny him, he also will deny us: 13If we believe not, yet he abideth faithful: he cannot deny himself. II Tim. 2

I had asked God to take care of a secular problem then later I jumped in and took care of that problem, badly I felt!  But regardless, the Word of God does not fail.  I just focused immediately on scripture showing God's faithfulness even if our flesh takes over and messes up things.  We still belong to God and HE is faithful and HIS word overcomes forever.

And if we do sin, John tells us we have an advocate ... though certainly we do not want to sin ...

II Jn. 2 ... My little children, these things write I unto you, that ye sin not. And if any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous: 2And he is the propitiation for our sins: and not for ours only, but also for the sins of the whole world.


And Paul says:  Romans 3 ... For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 


We still have HIS Spirit ... so we just focus on HIS faithfulness and HIS Word ...which will never fail.  Just look at HIS Word and keep focused on it.