Sunday, January 26, 2014

Bridling your tongue

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

James 1:26 ... If any man among you seem to be religious, and bridleth not his tongue, but deceiveth his own heart, this man’s religion is vain.

I have two cousins and when one speaks she often hurts me with needless words.  The other cousin is so negative she pulls me down when she speaks.  I usually avoid these cousins.  Fortunately they do not live where I live.


Recently I was talking with Pam Padgett.  I can't recall the subject but again I stopped myself from speaking for it might have negatively affected Pam.

If someone is in danger you might have to speak negative things to warn them.  If they were about to do business with a corrupt person and you had knowledge about the dealing of that person you would likely warn them.

But you don't want to say things needlessly which will present a negatively slant on a matter.

We just judge that which we are going to speak before we speak it.

Jesus said ... Mt. 12 ... But I say unto you, That every idle word that men shall speak, they shall give account thereof in the day of judgment. 37For by thy words thou shalt be justified, and by thy words thou shalt be condemned.

And when we do speak a negative word, we need to be sure our judgment on the matter is correct.  We may have had a bad experience with something or someone but this might not happen repeatedly.  So we will be judged for such.

Idle words often come when we think ourselves to be wise and we go about saying what we think we know about someone or something.

We need to evaluate that which we are about to speak before we speak for we do not want to harm people with idle words.