Monday, January 13, 2014

Being led by the Spirit of God

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

A woman in our church group, Sandra Chupik, had been playing duplicate bridge.  She grew more and more unhappy in going to bridge.  One day as she started to leave for bridge, she heard: " You don't have to go there."  That's right, she agreed.

This is an example of the Holy Spirit giving the power to free herself.

She quit bridge.

A man in our church group, John Rodgers, was considering building another storage building in his back yard to store his stuff.  As he was thinking about it, he heard:  "Why don't you just get rid of the stuff?"  He did that.

This is another example of the Holy Spirit leading.

When my mother was living, I went daily to get our food.  It always cost $5:30.  I would take out a $5 bill and a quarter and nickle and leave my purse in car with my mother.  One day I couldn't find a quarter and nickle in my coin purse.  I had several coins and was searching for a quarter & nickle when I heard:  "Three dimes will work."  That's right, I responded.  (Holy Spirit helping me.)

One day I a very bad memory came to me over something I had done in past.  I cried out to God for help and HE opened my eyes by HIS Spirit giving me the following word:  "all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. " (Romans 8:28) As I thought on this, I realized that even those things that seem bad to me "work together for good" so why grieve over memories when they work together for good according to HIS purpose?  This was very freeing to me and helpful

Over and over, we are helped by the Spirit of God.

And Paul says ... For as many as are led by the Spirit of God, they are the sons of God. Romans 8:14  

So if you have examples in your life of the Spirit of God speaking to you to lead you and your following what HE tells you, then you have evidence that you belong to God.  That is all that matters in this life!