Saturday, January 25, 2014

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Galatians 2:20 I am crucified with Christ:nevertheless I live; yet not I, but Christ liveth in me: and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave himself for me.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


We who belong to God are "dead" with Christ ... that is our flesh dies that we no longer serve the flesh. 

The second time I was baptized, when the minister lowered me into the water, the Holy Spirit said to me:  "This is like being buried with Christ."

When I came out of the water, the Holy Spirit said to me:  "This is like being raised with Christ."

Romans 6 explains this as follows:   Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?  4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.


The "newness of life" is that we are dead in the flesh so we can now serve God instead of serving our own flesh as we once did.  Where we once pleased ourselves, trying to make ourselves happy, now we want to serve God, doing that which pleases God.  We are changed.  The flesh is still there and we have to keep it under control but now when it rises up to exalt itself we are sorry where once we thought it wise to try to fulfill ourselves on this earth.  We are changed now that we belong to God.