Friday, January 3, 2014

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Ephesians 6:10-11 ... Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. 11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet


Be strong in the Lord ... the WORD, that which the Holy Spirit speaks.

Romans 12 ... I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service. 2And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.

As we read Bible, we are shown way of God.  We are transformed from the wisdom of the world, that which seems wise, to that which is wise.

Certainly we pay attention to that word that is brought directly by the Holy Spirit ... but also we make a habit of just sitting down daily and reading Bible, renewing our mind.

Most of us have TV sets.  We see things opposite from the way of God.

We speak to people who present ways opposite to God.

Even many churches today teach things opposite to the way of God, explaining away instructions in Bible such as Mt. 5:32 ... Jesus said ... But I say unto you, That whosoever shall put away his wife, saving for the cause of fornication, causeth her to commit adultery: and whosoever shall marry her that is divorced committeth adultery.

Paul confirms this word to the NT church ... I Cor. 7 ... And unto the married I command, yet not I, but the Lord, Let not the wife depart from her husband: 11But and if she depart, let her remain unmarried, or be reconciled to her husband: and let not the husband put away his wife.

I have never heard these things taught at any church group.  But this is what Jesus and Paul taught.

Recently I was thinking about my high school classmates.  I can only think of one who divorced and remarried.  (This was in the 1950's.)  Today I suspect it is opposite.  People in the 50's (at least where I lived) went into marriage for life.  And at the end of their lives, (for now they are in their 70's) most of them are still married to the same person.  This is not unusual for that generation.  But today I think this would be unusual.

So we who are of God hear many things which are not the way of God.  We read Bible and have the way of God confirmed to us by the scriptures and by the Holy Spirit, transforming our mind from the way of this world.

And often when the way of this world is just too strong for me, I pray:  "God help me."  And HE always does.