Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Meditation examples

Meditation:  Pam Padgett

Psalm 82:1 God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

mighty:  having great power or strength

Those who have and are led by the Holy Spirit are mighty, having great power and strength, not of ourselves, but of God. 

Years ago when I was madly seeking to get ahead at work, God sent His word to me by the Holy Spirit.  As I heeded that word and turned according to it, I was kept from continuing to admire, be influenced by, and seek after reputation and status at work.  And a few years later when I was working in an area where those around me were not honestly reporting project status to upper management, it was deeply in my heart to deal with integrity, wanting to please God more than gain reputation and status.  When I turned to God with all of this, I was given an opportunity to speak to a member of upper management and tell the truth, even though it was not what he wanted to hear. 

It encourages me to think of how God has mightily worked by the Holy Spirit in me, and continues to do so ... breaking down what is not of HIM ...  that I glory only in God, not in myself nor in anyone or anything else.