Saturday, January 11, 2014

Scripture: Shared by body of Christ

Mt. 7 ... whosoever heareth these sayings of mine, and doeth them, I will liken him unto a wise man, which built his house upon a rock: 25And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell not: for it was founded upon a rock.


Exhortation:  Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

What am I building on right now?  What rules over my life at this exact point in time?

For me, it has been very important to "make myself of no reputation"  (Phil. 2)  I'm not trying to rise above other people.  I'm not trying to get people to admire me.

Also the instruction to be content having food and raiment (I Tim. 6) has been an important ruling instruction upon which I've built my current house.

And the most recent revelation to me (which I focus on daily) is Romans 8:28-29 ... If you have been given the Spirit of God you are the "called", the church, the elect of God ... Therefore the following applies to you:

And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose.
29For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.  Romans 8:28-29 


This wipes out all those bad memories of the things I have done wrong in the past!

If all things work together for good for me, then even those "bad" things somehow work together for me to form me into the person I am now so why should I grieve over those past sins and past mistakes.  And the "bad" things others did to me work together for good to form me into the person I am now.  So I serve God in the person I am now with the Holy Spirit reigning.  I do not allow the bad memories to reign in my thoughts.  For all things (even that which seems bad to me) has worked together to form me.  We all have the same Spirit but we have different personalities based on our past experiences.  We do not have to fret over these personalities in ourselves nor in others.  All that is needed is the Spirit of God and if God has given us HIS Spirit we learn to serve HIM as the person we are without fretting or trying to be like another person.  I think of this daily as I go forward.  Romans 8:28-29

What are you building upon?