Saturday, January 4, 2014

Keep your soul

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

As the people were getting ready to cross over Jordan to possess the land which the Lord gave them, Moses told the people the following.

Deut. 4:9 ... Only take heed to thyself, and keep thy soul diligently, lest thou forget the things which thine eyes have seen, and lest they depart from thy heart all the days of thy life: but teach them thy sons, and thy sons’ sons;

Paul told the NT church:  Phil. 2:12 ... work out your own salvation with fear and trembling.

Paul told Timothy ... Charge them that are rich in this world, that they be not highminded, nor trust in uncertain riches, but in the living God, who giveth us richly all things to enjoy;  18That they do good, that they be rich in good works, ready to distribute, willing to communicate;  19Laying up in store for themselves a good foundation against the time to come, that they may lay hold on eternal life. 20O Timothy, keep that which is committed to thy trust, avoiding profane and vain babblings, and oppositions of science falsely so called:  21Which some professing have erred concerning the faith. Grace be with thee. I Tim. 6

We do work out our own salvation.  There are people we choose not to be with and there are places we choose not to go and there are things we choose not to see for we know these would not be edifying to us.

We have faith in God but even in this we have to work at it.  We have to catch destructive thoughts and submit them to God in prayer.  There is a diligence to salvation.  If we fail to do this with diligence we will be greatly troubled needlessly and grow weak. 

II Cor. 10 ... For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war after the flesh: 4(For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)  5Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ; 

Thoughts opposite to the will of God and the way of God come into our minds.  We have to bring every thought into the obedience of Christ, choosing that way which is of God and rejecting that way that is not in line with the Word of God.

We avoid profane and vain babblings ... thus we often avoid those people who bring such to us.  And we avoid certain TV shows that would cause us to focus wrongly. 

So there is a personal work to salvation to be strong in the Lord.  We must stay alert.  We renew our minds daily to HIS word through reading the Bible and through remembering what HE has brought to our attention by HIS Spirit.

When I remember what God did in freeing HIS people from Egypt I am in awe of God.  When I remember what God did in leading HIS people through the wilderness before taking them into the promised land and seeing their shoes didn't even wear out ... and they had manna from heaven ... and water provided for more than 600,000 out in the desert, my faith and awe in God is sustained.  When I think on these things I am helped.  Then when I think of the various things God did for me I am strengthened.  And like the children of Israel, I have lacked nothing in all these many years.  Do I think I will lack anything in the future?  Do I believe I will have what I need as long as I am on this earth?  I do.  Because I have seen what God did in past.  I can read about it in Bible.  I remember in my life.  I keep Bible before me daily.  I work at overcoming when the fears try to creep in.  So we keep our souls diligently.  We work at it.