Sunday, January 12, 2014

When someone overcharges you

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Recently my TV quit working and I had to buy a new TV.  They came and installed the TV and presented me a bill for $700 for installation.  I was shocked.  But I paid it.  I did not complain to them about the charge.  But I did ask God to heal me from the experience.

Later I was reading Romans 8:28 ... And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. 

I remembered the overcharge on the installation of the TV.  Even this would work together for good and not for evil in my life. 

Then I remembered these instructions given by Jesus:  Mt. 5 ...Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth: 39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also. 40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloke also.

Everything that happens to us when we belong to God conforms us to the "image of Jesus" (Romans 8:29), to the image of THE WORD.

A few days before this happened, someone had sent a verse in Mt. 5 and I had gone back to read the entire chapter as I have recently been doing when someone quotes from a chapter.  When I read this instruction in Mt. 5, I was thinking that I didn't believe I'd ever done that scripture.  Now I have!

Also this is further confirmation of the thing I have been doing lately.  I've been making a list of the chapters cited on our blog writings.  And I've been going back and reading those entire chapters.  This seems a little "fleshly", a plan of my flesh, but I have had so many confirmations that this is a good thing for me to do and it brings forth good fruit in my life and this example of the TV installation overcharge is just one more example of good fruit and the Word of God working in me through the Spirit of God.  I rejoice for this is more important to me than all the money in the world.