Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Acting immediately on the Word of God given by Holy Spirit

Joan Boney ... apostle/prophet

Acts 16 ... And a vision appeared to Paul in the night; There stood a man of Macedonia, and prayed him,  saying, Come over into Macedonia, and help us. 10And after he had seen the vision, immediately we endeavoured to go into Macedonia, assuredly gathering that the Lord had called us for to preach the gospel unto them.


In approximately 1980, in the night, what I believe to be an angel of the Lord spoke to me as I was sleeping.  It was a very strong voice ... as a voice of a trumpet.  I awoke and quickly wrote down the three words spoken to me.  "Hartford, Seattle, KWJS" ...

It was obvious that KWJS would be call letters to either radio or TV.  I looked this up and found it to be a radio station.  I said to God, "Are you telling me to go on radio?  I wouldn't know how to do that."  A gentle impression follow:  "Call the radio station manager."

It was the middle of the night when these words were spoken to me.  When morning came I called the radio station as soon as business hours arrived.  I asked to speak to the manager.  I told him I thought God might be showing me to go on radio.  I asked him how you do that.  He told me to make an audition tape 29 1/2 minutes long and send it to him and if I fit into their broadcasting they would offer me a contract.  As soon as I hung up the phone I took a tape recorder and made a tape 29 1/2 minutes long and mailed it to him.  Within a week I was broadcasting on radio 5 days a week, 30 minutes per day.

When I heard from God, I did it immediately. 

Another time this happened to me.  It was March 2012.  I was asleep and was given a dream.  The essence of the dream was instruction to set up an Internet cite where the church could exhort one another by the Word of God, encouraging one another by the Word.  Again I did this immediately.  The morning after that dream, I contacted Pam Padgett and ask her if she could set up a blog.  She set this up and within 3 days we began writing on this blog.

Again I acted immediately upon hearing from the Spirit of God to do this.

When we feel assured it is God telling us to do something, it seems better to do it immediately.  If we wait, we risk the devil trying to reason the word away.  Or our own flesh may try to reason it away.

I am reminded of Mark 4 ... the parable of the sower ... the word came, and in some cases was unfulfilled because of the following:  And these are they which are sown among thorns; such as hear the word, 19And the cares of this world, and the deceitfulness of riches, and the lusts of other things entering in, choke the word, and it becometh unfruitful.

I just didn't want to give the opportunity for the instruction to be stolen away from me.